Designing a new plant, modifying an existing plant for a new product, refurbishing old plant? Hazard and Operability Study, or HAZOP is the proven method for identifying potential hazards and operability problems in both new and existing manufacturing systems. The timely identification of critical hazards, risk and potential deviations from design intent is critical to project success. You may need a competent person to chair and lead the HAZOP or you may need a domain expert to join your HAZOP team.
We will carefully consider your project goals and select the appropriate studies to be conducted. Pilz will contribute technically from a wide range of disciplines, drawing on our vast experience of safety engineering solutions. Pilz engineers and safety consultants are therefore well placed to guide you through an appropriate HAZOP plan.
What We Do
Pilz will organise and manage the entire HAZOP process for your projects. With the involvement of your HAZOP team members Pilz will:
- Provide a clear understanding of HAZOP scope and methodology
- Create an overview of the operability and design risks
- Review of P&IDs, SOPs, Batch sheets, manufacturers’ instructions, MSDSs and other related documentation
- Examine the design intent
- Identify deviations from design intent using nodes and guidewords
- Seeking causes of deviations, consequences and existing safeguards
- Recommend and document solutions with assigned and prioritised actions
- Enable more cost effective process design through the early identification and evaluation of risks
- Achieve compliance with your legal and regulatory obligations for environmental and safety management
- Achieve full compliance with IEC 61882 - International HAZOP application guide
- Profit from higher availability and reduced operating costs from improved integration of safety