Reliable safety technology for presses should not only be flexible and powerful, but economical too. We can help you to equip and retrofit your presses safely and guarantee safe operation. As an experienced partner in forming technology, Pilz can guide you through a new design and retrofitover the entire machine lifecycle, to guarantee press safety.
Safety-related equipment, upgrade and operation of presses
Safe presses – with the configurable small control systems PNOZmulti 2
PNOZmulti 2 are modular safety systems: There are two base units and numerous expansion modules available for various application options. The small control systems can be applied particularly user-friendly with the freely configurable software tool. You configure the hardware and the required software functions directly in the tool.
For the monitoring of mechanical presses we developed the dual-pole semiconductor output module PNOZ m EF 8DI2DOT. It serves the actuation of press safety valves, and also or other actuators that require dual-pole switching. PNOZ m EF 8DI2DOT has two safety outputs and eight digital inputs for which you can configure a filter time. Profit from cycle times of approx. 3 ms and fats reaction times of below 8 ms. You can configure your press safety functions easily and quickly with certified press blocks in PNOZmulti Configurator!
Whether there are new presses or press retrofit: With a width of 22.5 mm the new press module fits into any control cabinet!
Safety solutions and concepts for all types of press
From a manually operated standalone workstation to a fully automated press line, we can provide solutions for all types of press. For special requirements in press technology Pilz has developed an electronic rotary cam arrangement, which increases both the productivity and safety of the press in combination with the automation system PSS 4000. For press brakes in particular we can offer an extremely productive solution with the camera-based protection and measuring system PSENvip.
Retrofit – Extend the productivity of older presses
When press retrofits are planned and implemented on a sound basis, our experts can equip even older models with the latest electrical, control and safety technology. For example, eccentric or hydraulic presses are characterised by a long service life thanks to their solid base and robust mechanics. Following a retrofit, they can go on to meet press safety, productivity and quality requirements for a further 10 to 20 years.
Benefits for press safety
Our solution for press safety
- Safety for man and machine while maintaining high availability and flexibility
- Higher productivity through optimised work practices and the very latest control and sensor technology
- Reduced standstill and downtimes
- Services to cover the entire machine lifecycle: from risk assessment to CE certification through to specific user training
- Approved safety concepts in accordance with international norms and standards.
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
Telephone: +49 711 3409 444
- Brazil: + 55 11 96405-8165
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- Switzerland: +41 62 88979 32
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Spain: +34 938497433
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- Russia: +7 495 6654993
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 70
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281
- Taiwan: +886 2 25700068
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350
- China: +86 400-088-3566