We provide a full service package, so you will receive all the necessary documents that are required to have your machine certified by the authorities in the USA.
International compliance - USA
Have a good trip! US compliance for your machinery.
Machinery that is imported into the USA and/or put into service there is subject to complex specifications that may vary depending on the state or region. Compliance with the testing standards of OSHA or UL is a mandatory requirement for market approval, for example. This applies to new, used and modified or expanded machinery.
So anyone who sells machinery into the USA as a manufacturer must ensure that all specifications are already met in the design phase. This will ensure a smooth process for obtaining an operating permit at the machine's point of use.
Operators of machinery in the USA are in turn obliged to ensure that work on the machinery is safe. This includes creating a LoTo system, among other things.
* NFPA = National Fire Protection Association. The NFPA79 Standard defines the requirements for electrical industrial machinery in the USA.
From one source we can provide all the necessary documents that you require to have your machine certified by local authorities to achieve US compliance.
As early as your machine’s design phase we will advise you by assessing the design, particularly with regard to the special US electrical requirements. Then we will perform all the required measures, from the risk assessment and LoTo system to the validation report for US compliance. If necessary, you can also leave the coordination with the local authorities to us.
OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration)
The US authority is responsible for health and safety in the workplace. The specifications defined by OSHA are mandatory for employers/machine operators in the USA. Compliance with the provisions is checked by regular on-site inspections.
OSHA requires that certain electrical products are approved by "NRTLs”.
NRTL (Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory)
NRTLs are testing laboratories that are officially recognised by OSHA. They assess, test and certify products that are to be used for machinery with the USA as its destination. Using a registration number published online, NRTLs confirm that the relevant product is approved and can be labelled accordingly (e.g. with the UL or TÜV logo).
Your benefits at a glance
- Save time and costs: we ensure that you comply with all the requirements for US compliance even at your machine’s design phase
- No problems obtaining acceptance/an operating permit from the local authorities, including full, standard-compliant documentation
- Full, one-stop service: your local Pilz contact comprehensively coordinates the entire project and is also responsible for liaising with our experts in the USA
- Legal certainty: Our specialists in the USA are familiar with all the current requirements form standards and directives
- Optimise your documentation processes: we provide standardised international documents - even if your machinery is to be manufactured or put into service at different locations
You too can benefit from these services
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Brazil: + 55 11 96405-8165
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Spain: +34 938497433
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 70
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Switzerland: +41 62 889 79 32
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- Russia: +7 495 6654993
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350
- Taiwan: +886 2 25700068
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621
- China: +86 400-088-3566