Some fundamental framework conditions had changed shortly before the delivery date, so the safety concept for a horizontal mixer had to be adapted as quickly as possible. Within a few days, Pilz worked with special purpose machinery manufacturer Herbst to incorporate the safety gate system PSENmlock, which meets the new requirements.
Safety gate solution keeps the flaps closed
Individual safety solution within a few days
A mounting position had changed, suddenly rendering the existing safety concept for the horizontal animal feed mixer ineffective and potentially preventing the plant being delivered on time. Herbst worked closely with Pilz to develop an alternative, which would safeguard the flaps on the stirrer: an appropriate solution was quickly found with the safety gate system PSENmlock, which combines safe guard locking and safe interlocking in one device.
The flexibly mounted mechanical actuator on this safety gate system ensures a high tolerance compensation, even with sagging gates. What’s more, the closing tolerance of the secure safety gate system was increased by another 10 millimetres over a mechanical system. So now there is no longer an injury risk from an overrunning stirrer, should the service and cleaning flaps be opened too early. The horizontal mixer arrived at the customer just in time.
The benefits of this customer solution:
- PSENmlock is also flexible enough to be incorporated into some unusual mounting positions – making it ideal for special purpose machinery
- The application demands a robust solution: PSENmlock scores well here, with a long service life as it is mechanically robust, plus a sturdy housing
- Safe guard locking, safe interlocking up to PL e / SIL 3 in one product
A goal-focused action based on partnership – from definition of the task, delivery of the PSENmlock through to final implementation, including assembly in conjunction with an enhanced locking mechanism! The support we received from Pilz was exemplary!
Herbst Maschinentechnik GmbH supplies machinery and solutions in the fields of stirring and mixing technology, custom and special purpose machinery, process-controlled machinery, plant construction, handling and discharging technology and sheet metal processing.
With 30 staff, Herbst manufactures systems to customers' specifications and provides its own test facility for trial purposes.
Our product in the application:
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
Telephone: +49 711 3409 222
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Brazil: + 55 11 96405-8165
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Russia: +7 495 6654993
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 70
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- Switzerland: +41 62 88979 32
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- Spain: +34 938497433
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- China: +86 400-088-3566
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621
- Taiwan: +886 2 25700068
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350