- Transmission rate: 10 MBit/s
- Max. segment length: 100 m
- Medium: UTP/STP cable, 2 pairs, category -3, -4, -5
- Cable impedance: 100 Ohms
- Connection: 8-pin RJ45 connector (Pin 1-2 and Pin 3-6)
- Topology: Point-to-point, star (via hub)
The definition of 10BaseT separates the physical topology from the logical. Within the cable, the transfer of data is separated into send and receive. On all physical bus structures, open circuits or a disconnected plug would bring the entire segment to a standstill, but with 10BaseT, the problem is restricted to a single workstation.