Pilz safety concepts are based on the individual requirements of the customer. Using our tried and tested methodologies, our safety concepts enable safe interaction between operators or maintenance personnel and machinery - without affecting productivity.
Safety concept for machinery
Combine safety and productivity
The second step to machinery safety: Safety concept
Intelligent and cost-effective safety concept
To remain competitive, as a manufacturer you need an effective, practicable safety concept when using new machinery or converting an existing machine. This must not restrict your machines’ productivity.
You need a safety concept that's individually tailored to your requirements. Of course, its implementation should not involve any unnecessary extra work.
Based on the machine risk assessment that has already been carried out, the safety concept is where we develop detailed solution proposals for the technical implementation. That way we guarantee the safety of your machinery in accordance with national and international standards as well as your own corporate standards.
The Pilz safety concept (for machinery) considers:
- Use of fixed and movable guards
- Implementation of a safety-related plant and machine controller
- Devices for safe standstill and shutdown of electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and other potential energy sources
- Detection of workers in danger zones
- Definition of the required performance level (PLr) for safety-related measures or safety functions
Your benefits at a glance
- Compliance and safety
- Improves the productivity of your plant and machinery
- You benefit from our practical engineering experience in implementing safety
- You optimise interaction between staff and machine
- You reduce complexity and costs
- You optimise the scope of maintenance work on your plant and machinery
Your next steps en route to machinery safety
Pilz Automation Safety L.P.
7150 Commerce Boulevard
Canton, MI 48187
Telephone: +1 734 354-0272