Pilz GmbH & Co. KG is technology leader in safe automation technology. In this area, Pilz is consistently developing a role as a total solutions supplier with solutions for safety and automation technology. The objective of Pilz is to automate machines and plants in such a way that the safety of man, machine and environment is always guaranteed. In addition to the head office in Ostfildern near Stuttgart, Pilz is represented by 42 subsidiaries and branches on all continents.
The Business Development Manager, LATAM will serve as a key resource to manage our sales partner network in our non-subsidiary countries throughout Latin America and develop new business opportunities by identifying and establishing distribution and system partners as well as work with our Global Account Management (GAM) organization to drive consulting, training and engineering services at our global key accounts. The position will be reporting to the Vice President – Americas functionally and the host country Managing Director transactionally. The individual should be located in the region preferably, but not necessarily, in a subsidiary country (Brazil, Mexico or USA).
- Manage Pilz Sales Partners throughout Latin America. Establishing yearly revenue and market development goals and monitor and evaluate appropriately
- Choose, qualify, negotiate and, if necessary, terminate sales partner agreements and contracts involving pricing & delivery in non-subsidiary countries
- Communicate partner polices in conjunction with Regional Management
- Manage direct customers and project business (tenders) at key accounts in non-subsidiary countries in collaboration with the region and with the GAM organization
- Develop market entry and business models for new countries and associated target markets
- Provide business cases and prepare countries for possible expansion and establishment of subsidiaries
- Evaluate and establish distribution and system integration partners throughout the region by expanding our System and Distribution Partner programs
- Facilitate and guide the training of Sales-, Systems- and Distribution Partners throughout LATAM
- Collect and share local and regional competitive information, as well as communicate market requirements to Product Management (PM) for review and new product development considerations
- Develop and drive marketing actions in collaboration with Regional Marketing and our Sales Partners to raise brand awareness throughout LATAM, including webinars and on-line events, social media, SEO and SEA, trade shows, etc.
- Regular travel including visits to partners in subsidiary and non-subsidiary countries and their customers as required
- Other duties as assigned
Travel: 50% regional and international
- Ability to work in disbursed and/or virtual team environments
- Self-motivated, well-organized and able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong intercultural and social competency, Influencing and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering and 10 years’ of relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the automation industry
- Strong technical acumen and ability develop deep know-how in our solutions and services offerings
- Proven record to develop new business and drive sales
- Experience working with Fortune 500 companies. Ability to interface at all levels of an organization including VP and C level
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Ability to travel without restriction throughout North- and South America as well as Europe
The benefit package will be determined by the host country based on the individual’s location.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 75 years. More than 2,400 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
To apply, click here