Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control and is most known today in automation safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Product Manager based in the Detroit, MI area. The Product Market Manager reports directly to the National Sales Manager (NSM).
This position is responsible for all new product market information including identifying market size and sectors, new product training, full product launches, demo development, and providing technical support to the Sales Team. This position is also responsible for engaging with the global product development team, based in Germany, when opportunities are identified for new products needed in the USA market.
Duties and Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Act as a conduit to Pilz global headquarter in Germany to consolidate and communicate local/regional market requirements
- Act as the primary technical support contact for the Sales Team
- Work with the NSM to create annual product sales budget
- Develop, create, and execute product portfolio strategy by identifying market size for new products and reporting market size and overall opportunity for new products to Pilz Sales Management
- Develop product, feature/benefit propositions and communicate them effectively to the Sales Team
- Work with both Product Development and the Sales Team to identify specific market sectors where new Pilz products are likely to be most successful
- Direct and coordinate product life cycle tasks including product launches, updates, end-of-life, and all related marketing activities
- Provide quarterly updates to local sales and engineering teams concerning the roadmap for new and upcoming products and services
- Coordinate and conduct new product technical training for the Sales, Engineering, and Technical Support teams as well as for the distribution channel
- Participate in and potentially host product webinars when appropriate
- Participate in trade shows
- Other duties as assigned
Travel required up to 40% including internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering plus 5 years’ relevant work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in the electrical automation industry
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written-
- Intermediate to strong Microsoft Office user including Teams, OneNote, and SharePoint
- Strong intercultural and social competence
- Ability to work in disbursed and/or virtual team environment.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and time-management skills
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Ability to speak in large groups of people
- Self-motivated with a high level of autonomy
- Ability to accumulate and demonstrate technical and market knowledge
- MBA in combination with a technical degree and/or 10+ years’ work experience in engineering, product management and/or strategic marketing
- Exhibition/event experience
- Online marketing experience: experience in using Content Management Systems (CMS) and tracking tools (e.g., Google Analytics), experience in Search Engine Optimization, social media affinity, and marketing automation
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Ability to work remotely
- Family health insurance with zero employee contribution, starting on hire date
- Family dental insurance with zero employee contribution, starting after 90 days
- Three (3) weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) within one year
- Short-/Long-term disability with zero employee contribution, starting after 90 days
- Life insurance with zero employee contribution, starting after 90 days
- Skill development towards “Expert” safety professional
- Departmental cross-training
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account, no employee participation required, starting on hire date
- 401(k) contribution, no employee participation required, starting after 90 days
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing
worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back 75 years. More than 2,400 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
To apply, click here