Since 1948 Pilz, a family owned company, has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and controls products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer reporting to our US Headquarters in Canton, Michigan.
Technical Support Engineers report directly to the Engineering Manager while working closely with the Technical Support Engineering Team Lead. Technical Support Engineers are responsible for resolving technical issues presented by customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer customer phone and email inquiries related to the technical and practical application of Pilz product lines
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to resolve technical issues and develop solutions to support customer needs
- Test and verify customer products/returns
- Technical product training for internal customers
- Act as a resource for Pilz product lines
- Create internal reference documentation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology, or similar program with co-op/internship experience and three (3) years' of practical (i.e. hands-on) experience in electrical controls trouble shooting, maintenance, and support or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic to advanced electrical knowledge including a working knowledge of PLCs
Two to three (2-3) years' experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and documentation (i.e. machine electrical prints)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills are necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Working knowledge of PLC programming
- Proficient with electrical drawings in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of safety devices
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contributions
- Opportunities for bonuses
- And much, much more
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 70 years. More than 2,400 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. is a leading innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.