Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery.
The Application Engineer reports directly to the Application Engineering Team Lead and is responsible for the development and design of programs for Pilz safety systems.
Duties and Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Develop and design solutions for Pilz safety systems
- Design automated control systems
- Work closely with Pilz customers to integrate Pilz controls equipment and systems to customer and industry operating standards
- Write PLC and HMI programming code including Ladder, Structure Text, and Function Block
- Install and troubleshoot hardware and peripheral devices
- Identify problems and then develop and implement solutions based on Risk Assessment reports
- Assist with machine start-up at customer sites
- Understanding of Industrial machines
- Act as product specialist for the application of Pilz products
- Understand standards and code compliance (i.e. NEC, NFPA, UL, FM, CE, CSA, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering or similar program and at least four (4) years’ experience in controls engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Four (4) years’ experience of hands-on PLC programming, installation, and service
- Electrical control circuits experience
- Understanding of basic electrical design and control principals
- PLC development and testing software including Rockwell, Siemens, etc.
- VFD and Servo Motor control experience
- Hands-on troubleshooting machine control systems, machine start-up/de-bugging and sign-off
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
Travel Requirements are 40-50%
- Safety controllers experience (GuardLogix, Pilz, ProfiSafe)
- Experience with Field Bus I/O (Ethernet/IP, ProfiNet)
- Understanding of basic pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Section125/Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following questions answered:
- What is your highest level of education completed?
- What was your area of study?
- How many years of experience in Electrical or Controls Engineering do you have?
- How many years of experience in hands-on PLC programming, installation, and service do you have?
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA