Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) reports directly to the National Sales Manager (NSM) and is responsible for the overall management of sales and sales personnel in their assigned region. This position is based at our Headquarters in Canton, Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales team in your region with joint sales calls
- Develop MbOs for the sales team in your region in cooperation with the National Sales Manager and individual sales professionals
- Evaluate the performance of all sales professionals in your region quarterly using the tools provided - MbO form, Performance Management Tool (PMT), Performance Improvement Plan (PIP), etc.
- Recommend disciplinary measures to Human Resource and the National Sales Manager when required
- Work in close cooperation with the Human Resource Manager to evaluate and hire new sales professionals for your region
- Develop a close relation to the customer
- Hold sales presentations at customer locations and trade shows
- Identify, quote, and sell the appropriate product, service or combination of both for the customer’s application
- Increase the sales and profit within the assigned region by an agreed upon percentage
- Travel within your region as required to meet with customers and perform joint calls with the sales professionals in your region
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities within your assigned region
- Function as an advocate for the customer within Pilz Automation Safety L.P.
- Provide an excellent experience for the customer in all interactions
- Maintain and update the data contained within the Client Relations Management tool (CRM)
- Provide all reports to the National Sales Manager on time including regional business report, Management by Objective report (quarterly), and completed documentation for each sales professional in your region
- Work with the sales professionals in your region to develop the annual sales projections for your region
- Report any changes in your forecast and the reason for these changes to the National Sales Manager in a timely manner
- Maintain an accurate calendar including a 3 month rolling visit schedule
- Complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Communicate cross territorial sales opportunities to the appropriate sales professional
- Support your colleagues in other regions or territories with sales activities in your territory that may assist them in their efforts
- Support the Business Development Manager with sales activities in your region
- Where possible collect and communicate competitor information to the rest of the sales team
- Develop and implement sales strategies that for your region designed to supplement the strategic goals provided by the National Sales Manager
- Other duties as assigned
Travel required 30% - 40% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree; 5 years’ experience in automation sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user
- Ability to speak in large groups of people
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- A high level of autonomy
- Ability to accumulate and demonstrate technical knowledge
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Section125/Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following questions answered:
- What is your highest level of education completed?
- What was your area of study?
- How many years of experience in automation sales do you have?
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA