Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery.
The Safety Engineer is a key member of the Pilz Services team and will serve as the interface between the Consulting and Application groups. This position will help with the growth and development of Pilz Consulting personnel as well as developing the Safety Consulting business within Pilz.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide machinery safety expertise and knowledge via written and verbal project assignments
- Help develop tools (e.g. software) to facilitate Pilz service offerings
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of applicable standards
- Provide weekly updates on current projects
- Assist in machine safety compliance for projects of all sizes
- Provide sales support to Pilz Sales team (e.g. assist with customer presentations regarding standards and directives)
- Prepare and review reports from Safety Consultants to ensure compliance with Pilz system
- Conduct varying types of Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments
- Review electrical circuits and calculate the safety rating of the circuit
- Help to design safety solutions using AutoCAD (or other design software) and select components for safety solutions
- Able to read and understand Fluid power circuits
- Understanding of Packaging, industrial and Food and Beverage machines
- Work independently as needed
- Understanding of Process control systems
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar program and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read electrical prints
- Ability to read/analyze/interpret/write business reports and professional journal
- Solve and verify math formulas as established in IEC 61508 and ISO 13849
Travel Requirements are 30 – 40%
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Section125/Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com with the following questions answered:
- What is your highest level of education completed?
- What was your area of study?
- How many years of experience in Electrical Engineering do you have?
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA