Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery.
Working within the Pilz Services team, the Principal Safety Consultant is responsible for project management including scheduling and the monitoring of budgets. The Principal Safety Consultant works with the International Services Group (ISG) to ensure that Pilz consulting services meet company standards.
The Principal Safety Consultant is a key member of the Pilz services team and helps to identify opportunities for growth and development of Pilz services, as well as drives and develops the safety consulting business within Pilz. The Principal Safety Consultant reports directly to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for all Safety Consultants and Safety Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Manage projects to ensure they are within budget and on-time
- Have an understanding of the Risk Assessment process and be able to conduct Risk Assessments on industrial machines to determine hazard rating numbers
- Assign appropriate resources to projects
- Provide machinery safety expertise and knowledge to Consulting team members and customers verbally and in writing
- Oversee machine completion for safety compliance of small projects
- Provide sales support to Pilz sales resources including presentations to customers and compliance with safety standards
- Interpret U.S. and international regulations to ensure machine compliance to industry standards and directives
- Prepare and/or review reports from the Consulting team to ensure they comply with Pilz quality system
- Maintain familiarity with ANSI, ISO 13849, and NFP 79 standards along with the CE Marking process
- Knowledgeable in industrial machinery and Robotic systems
- Have an understanding of Pneumatic and Hydraulic circuits/systems
- Coordinate and provide training for new Safety Engineers and Safety Consultants in Pilz software and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
Travel may be required up to 20%
- Bachelor’s degree from a four (4) year college or university in Electrical Engineering or similar program and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience in manufacturing and industrial environments or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Advanced Microsoft Office user (including PowerPoint and Project)
- Use basic algebra and geometry math skills to solve and verify formulas
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- May be required to move/lift Pilz test equipment which may weigh up to 30 pounds (Reasonable accommodations will be made where possible)
- Must be able to meet safety requirements of customers when on-site
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Section125/Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 1,800 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following questions answered:
- What is your highest level of education completed?
- What was your area of study?
- How many years of related experience in manufacturing and industrial environments do you have?
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA