Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Technical Support Engineer based in Canton, MI.
- Answer customer phone and email inquiries related to the technical and practical application of Pilz product lines
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to resolve technical issues and develop solutions to support customer needs
- Test and verify customer products/returns
- Technical product training for internal customers
- Act as a resource for Pilz product lines
- Update company records
- Create internal reference documentation as needed
- Rotational on-call for after hour customer emergency Technical Support
- Travel may be 10-15%; primarily within Southeast Michigan
- Associate’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering Technology, or similar program is mandatory
- Three (3) years experience in electrical controls trouble shooting, maintenance, and support
- Basic to advanced electrical knowledge and two to three years experience reading and interpreting technical drawings and documentation (i.e. machine electrical prints)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and trouble shooting skills are necessary
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of safety devices is a plus
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Working knowledge of PLC controllers and PLC programming
- Proficient with electrical drawings in AutoCAD
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz is a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz, a family-run company, employing more than 2,200 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA