Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking an Advanced Technology Engineer based in Canton, MI.
The Advanced Technology Engineer reports directly to the Engineering Manager and is responsible for:
Duties and Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Provide electrical/controls leadership for project execution
- Provide project updates to senior technical staff and/or project leaders
- Analyze software requirements and determine feasibility of design
- Develop detailed system specifications based on functional requirements
- Develop and present designs that address requirements and specifications
- Estimate complex projects and provide details to the Project Estimator
- Implement software designs
- Create and execute software testing procedures, perform integration testing and create/test installation procedures
- Support and provide documents/ reviews to training, marketing and other departments
- Manage multiple projects, communicate updates, and meet milestones in a timely fashion
- Create, review and approve electrical drawings such as panel designs
- Develop programming and provide support for Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), operator interfaces and drives systems
- Understand and be familiar with robotic systems interface and programming
- Design industrial Ethernet based communication networks
- Support, mentor and train junior engineers
- Machine startup and commissioning at customer site
- Support multiple sales functions, including but not limited to : Sales presentation, Customers visits, Product applicability and sales prospect review, Mentoring and training new sales professionals, Product launch activities, Participate and attend shows and provide demo support
- Other duties as assigned
Travel required up to 40%; domestic and international
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Controls Engineering or similar program and at least eight (8) years experience in control engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of software engineering
- Experience in computer systems, PCs and software including AutoCAD
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Mechanical, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic systems
- Understanding of how drives (VFD, Servos ) are installed and programmed
- Experience with control system design, installation and troubleshooting
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, customers and management
- Have a positive attitude with excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to maintain a team oriented environment and critical relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Work with other engineer effectively and patiently
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
Experience should be in a manufacturing environment; preferably the automotive or packaging industry
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz is a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz, a family-run company, employing more than 2,200 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA