Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Human Resource Generalist for our United States headquarters located in Canton, MI.
The HR Generalist will report directly to the HR Manager to support all departments and employees. This position will have a heavy focus on all aspects of recruiting while supporting other HR functions as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, initiate and maintain recruiting plans including job boards, ads, career fairs, and third party support (i.e. recruiters)
- Work closely with hiring managers to create and update job descriptions/job postings
- Network to develop a pipeline of candidates
- Coordinate with the Marketing department to develop and grow social media and professional recruiting presence
- Manage full recruiting lifecycle including: sourcing, applicant tracking, phone interviews, scheduling and participating in in-person interviews, administering pre-employment screenings, assembling offer packets, delivering offers, and notifying candidates who are not selected
- Maintain frequent communication with hiring managers regarding status of open searches
- Act as primary point of contact for candidates
- Provide recommendations regarding salaries based on research and data
- Assist in the creation of succession plans
- Track recruiting efforts and costs along with ROI
- Serve as back up for other HR functions such as time-keeping, payroll, on-boarding, employee record maintenance, etc.
- Ensure process and procedures are compliant with state and federal requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Travel required; amount dependent upon hiring needs at the time
- Associate’s degree with two (2) to three (3) years of experience in Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Intermediate MS Office user (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Experience with full lifecycle of recruitment
- Knowledgeable of HR laws
- Previous experience recruiting for technical positions
- Experience utilizing and leveraging social media
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA