Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Product Marketing Manager based in the Milwaukee, WI area. This position reports directly to the Regional Manager for the Americas.
Duties and Responsibilities: (not limited to)
- Develop, create and execute product portfolio strategy for the Americas region in collaboration with the local subsidiaries and non-subsidiary sales partners
- Act as a conduit to headquarter in Germany to consolidate and communicate local/regional market requirements
- Prepare and execute strategic marketing plans including definition of total, product and channel accessible markets based on target industries and geography
- Creation of value propositions based on industry, application and geography, including development of system pictures of applications
- Development of customer profiles and target customer lists
- Competitive analysis and development of fighting guides
- Market level price analysis and development of pricing guidelines
- Direct and coordinate product life cycle tasks across the region (product launches, updates, end-of-life), including all related marketing activities
- Coordinate and participate in local/regional trade shows in collaboration with the subsidiaries
- Coordinate and conduct local/regional workshop
- Consolidate local/regional product gaps, formulate future requirements and assist in developing product and technology roadmaps in cooperation with the regional and global Product Management and Industry Groups
- Monitor and report local patent activities and issues
- Interface between Regional Management, Marketing and Product Management in the local subsidiaries, and Marketing and Product Management at global headquarters in Germany
- Other duties as assigned
Travel: 50% regional and international
- Bachelor degree in engineering and/or marketing and 3 years relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong intercultural and social competence
- Ability to work in disbursed and/or virtual team environment.
- Exceptional planning, organizational, and time-management skills
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- MBA in combination with a technical degree and/or 10 years work experience with a background in engineering, product management and/or strategic marketing
- Previous experience in the automation industry
- Proven skills to influence and collaborate
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Strong technical acumen with the ability to develop deep product know-how and serve as a technical resource
- Exhibition/event management experience
- Online marketing experience: experience in using Content Management Systems (CMS) and tracking tools (e.g. Google Analytics), experience in SEO and SEA, social media affinity, and marketing automation
- Additional languages: German, Spanish and/or Portuguese
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA