Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking an IT Network Technician to work from our US headquarters in Canton, MI. This person will be responsible for Pilz networks, both domestic and international, working closely with the IT Manager at Pilz US and members of the IT team in Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fielding trouble calls and providing support to a medium-sized business with multi-nation enterprise architecture
- Focus on Cisco Networking issues and projects
- Supporting the IT manager
- Documenting cases and solutions, logging tickets
- Diagnosing and repairing network software and hardware problems
- Creating documentation including Cisco configuration and tracking assets
- Providing user training as needed
- Navigating and troubleshooting user level issues through and relating to NAT, VPN, various remote access technology
- Serve as back up for the IT help desk including imaging, installing Windows operating systems and associated software and hardware, and general user support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, IS/IT or equivalent combination of Associate’s degree and experience
- Cisco IOS basic knowledge
- Excellent technical knowledge in Windows XP, Windows 7, Office 2003, Office 2007 or Office 2016 at the professional IT level
- Three (3) years’ experience providing Level II user and desktop support
- Experience working in a professional IT environment and applying best practices
- Previous experience installing Windows operating systems for a business environment
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and the ability to document calls swiftly and succinctly
- Able to type and navigate computer environment in a competent and professional manner and speed
- Able to learn new technologies and assimilate new knowledge quickly
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Familiarity with Lotus Notes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Access
- A+ certification
- CCNA certification
- Experience with computer imaging
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA