Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Technical Writer / Engineering Administrative Assistant to work from our US headquarters in Canton, MI. This position will support all teams within the Engineering department including the Project, System Integration, Consulting, and Training teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Format outgoing Engineering documents
- Assist Project Manager with editing and formatting reports and proposals
- Handle correspondence as directed including, but not limited to: proofreading, editing, quality control, distribution and storage
- Provide support to all Engineering teams in typing/revision of complex reports, correspondences, spreadsheets, etc.
- Data entry and document compilation
- Maintain document storage in internal databases and/or customer web-based storage
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems within Engineering
- Serve as back-up for Project Support Coordinator as needed with tasks such as invoicing, creating sales orders, and customer accruals
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree in English or Business and three (3) years’ experience in a professional office environment or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- “Intermediate” to “Advanced” Microsoft Excel user
- Fluency in other office programs (MS Word, MS PowerPoint, PDF editors, etc.)
- Ability to create and manage files using PDF editors
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Business
- Three (3) years’ experience in a technical field or supporting technical fields
- Previous experience working with Engineering firm(s)/department(s)
- Knowledge of SAP
What we offer:
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA