Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
The Warehouse Specialist reports directly to the Customer Support Operations Manager. This position ensures quality customer service through the efficient operation of the warehouse by shipping and receiving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fills customer orders to include obtaining appropriate material from storage according to packing slip, completing appropriate paperwork and placing a copy with the merchandise for shipment - Includes direct contact with customers via phone, email, or in-person, as needed
- Maintains a neat and orderly warehouse to include moving pallets, sweeping and removing/disposing of debris
- Loads, unloads and transfers merchandise to designated area according to procedures
- Verifies quantities of deliveries and merchandise serial numbers by comparing merchandise to packing slips, shipment lists, SAP reports
- Stocks merchandise in warehouse utilizing equipment and lifting/carrying merchandise to place on shelves
- Point of contact for all building maintenance issues; includes building vendor management
- Process purchasing requests from internal Engineering department
- Manage warehouse and building supplies
- Track inventory including year-end physical counts
- Manage shipping vendors (UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Follows safety procedures and reports any dangerous conditions to management immediately
- Other duties as assigned
The regular schedule for this position is Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm with little overtime however, the person in this position is “on call” for emergency shipping (after hours).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three (3) years’ experience managing inventory or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as customer orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Intermediate level Excel user; capable of data entry
- Expert level user for shipping programs (UPS, FedEx, etc.)
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Experienced SAP user
- Familiarity with international shipments and LTL
Physical Requirements (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions):
- Standing, walking, use of hands and arms, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling with occasional sitting
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Ability to read small print
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA