Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Business Development Specialist for our Dallas, TX office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Sell Pilz as the knowledge leader and an organization that can partner with customers to solve their problems
- Focus sales efforts to fewer, better defined, global customers at the corporate/ headquarter level
- Develop a close relationship with the customer at corporate level
- Sell concepts and services rather than product
- Provide an excellent experience for the customer in all interactions
Fulfill all reporting requirements
- Maintain and update the data contained within the Client Relations Management tool (CRM)
- Provide all reports to the Business Development Manager on time (Business development report, including travel plans and objectives for the coming quarter as well as Management by Objective report - MbO)
- Maintain an accurate calendar including a 3 month rolling visit schedule
- Complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Maintain the “National Accounts” database within Lotus Notes
- Update the Pilz communities with account information
Function as an integral part of the existing sales team
- Act as a liaison between the Sales and Engineering teams
- Where possible collect and communicate competitor information to the rest of the sales team with a focus on service related products and activities
- Develop and implement sales strategies for each of your targeted accounts designed to supplement the strategic goals provided by the Business Development Manager
- Coordinate sales activities with Business Development Manager as required to support your efforts with identified customers
- Coordinate your sales activities with your international colleagues within Pilz globally
Other duties as assigned
Travel required 45% to 60% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree; 5 years experience in automation system sales, knowledge of Machinery Guarding or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user
- Ability to speak in large groups of people
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Self motivated with a high level of autonomy
- Ability to accumulate and demonstrate technical knowledge
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Additional 2 years experience in machinery safety
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Health Savings Account &/or Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz is a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz, a family-run company, employing more than 2,200 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA