Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Technical Trainer for our Dallas, TX office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide training to customers (on-site)
- Support the Pilz Sales and Engineering departments with regards to safety standards and Pilz products (new and updated)
- Assist the Application team to ensure customer projects comply with safety standards
- Provide weekly updates on training projects
- Assist customers in the selection of components for their applications
- Develop tools and materials (e.g. software, manuals, demo hardware and presentations) to facilitate Pilz training offerings
- Provide sales support (e.g. customer presentations complying with safety standards)
- Interpret U.S. and international regulations to assist customers with their machine compliance to industry standards and directives
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable standards and Pilz products
- Train Pilz employees and customer in reviewing electrical circuits and calculating the safety performance of the circuits
- Program PLCs using various software languages (e.g. Function Block or Ladder Logic)
- Other duties as assigned
Travel Requirements are 40%
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or an Associate’s degree with three to five years related experience
- Confidently and competently speak in front of large groups (e.g. trade show seminars)
- Effectively present information and answer questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Read and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry; solve and verify math formulas as set out in IEC 61508 and ISO 13849
- Review electrical circuits and calculate the safety performance of the circuits
- Solve practical problems with concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists
- Interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Write reports, procedure manuals, engaging presentation material
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Move and/or lift up to 80 pounds (reasonable accommodations may be made if necessary)
- Meet all safety requirements as set by customers when on-site
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Health Savings Account &/or Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz is a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz, a family-run company, employing more than 2,000 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA