Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Sales Engineer to service the Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and New Jersey territory.
Duties and responsibilities
Selling the defined range of Pilz products includes (but is not limited to):
- Develop a close relationship with customers
- Hold sales presentations at customer locations and trade shows
- Identify, quote and sell the appropriate product for the customer’s application
- Increase the sales and profits within a defined product line in your assigned territory by an agreed upon percentage
- Travel within your territory as required to meet with customers
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities within your assigned region within your product range
- Function as an advocate for the customer within Pilz Automation Safety L.P.
- Provide an excellent experience for the customer in all interactions
Fulfill all reporting requirements
- Maintain and update the data contained within the Client Relationship Management tool (CRM)
- Provide all reports to your Regional Sales Manager on time
- Business report, including travel plans and objectives for the coming quarter
- Management by Objective report (MbO) (quarterly)
- Work with your Regional Sales Manager to develop the annual sales projections for your territory
- Report any changes in your forecast and the reason for these changes to your Regional Sales Manager in a timely manner
- Maintain an accurate calendar including a 3 month rolling visit schedule
- Complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner
Function as an integral part of the existing sales team
- Communicate cross territorial sales opportunities with your Regional Sales Manager and with the sales professional assigned to that territory
- Support your colleagues in other regions or territories with product related sales activities in your territory that may assist them in their efforts
Pilz United States Headquarters
- Support the Business Development Manager with product related sales activities in your territory
- Where possible collect and communicate competitor information to the rest of the sales team and to your Regional Sales Manager
- Communicate sales opportunities outside of your defined product line to your Regional Sales Manager
Other duties as assigned
Travel required 30% - 40% of the time
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Section 125/Flexible spending account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz is a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz, a family-run company, employing more than 2,200 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA