Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P. is currently seeking a Sales Engineer to service the Pennsylvania, Maryland and West Virginia territory.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to)
Selling the defined range of Pilz products includes (but is not limited to):
- Develop a close relation to the customer
- Hold sales presentations at customer locations and trade shows
- Identify quote and sell the appropriate product for the customer’s application
- Increase the sales and profit within a defined product line in your assigned territory by an agreed upon percentage
- Travel within your territory as required to meet with customers
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities within your assigned region within your product range
- Function as an advocate for the customer within Pilz Automation Safety L.P.
- Provide an excellent experience for the customer in all interactions
Fulfill all reporting requirements
- Maintain and update the data contained within the Client Relations Management tool (CRM)
- Provide all reports to your Regional Sales Manager on time - Business report, including travel plans and objectives for the coming quarter and Management by Objective report (MbO) (quarterly)
- Work with your Regional Sales Manager to develop the annual sales projections for your territory
- Report any changes in your forecast and the reason for these changes to your Regional Sales Manager in a timely manner
- Maintain an accurate calendar including a 3 month rolling visit schedule
- Complete and submit expense reports in a timely manner
Function as an integral part of the existing sales team
- Communicate cross territorial sales opportunities with your Regional Sales Manager and with the sales professional assigned to that territory
- Support your colleagues in other regions or territories with product related sales activities in your territory that may assist them in their efforts
- Support the Business Development Manager with product related sales activities in your territory
- Where possible collect and communicate competitor information to the rest of the sales team and to your Regional Sales Manager
- Communicate sales opportunities outside of your defined product line to your Regional Sales Manager
Other duties as assigned
Travel required 30% - 40% of the time
- Associates degree in a technical field such as Electrical Engineering or similar; or equivalent of education or experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to speak in large groups of people
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- A high level of autonomy
- Ability to accumulate and demonstrate technical knowledge
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 1,800 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA