Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking an IT Manager to work from our US headquarters in Canton, Michigan.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
Manage IT operations
- Define, deliver, and support strategic plans for enterprise IT solutions
- Lead and/or assist in the development, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of global system rollouts
- Closely work with managers of other departments
- Set up IT operations at new office locations
- Create and manage annual IT budget and forecast cash flow
- Manage all IT purchasing, leases, assets, and licenses
- Design, improve, and document processes
- Manage the helpdesk
Manage IT personnel
Support remote IT operations in Brazil, Canada, and Mexico
Manage the datacenter
Manage IT Systems
- Implement, maintain, and monitor all data and voice communication systems (i.e. WAN, Microsoft/Cisco LAN, VM Ware vSphere, VoIP phone system, mobile devices, etc.)
- Install, maintain, and support IBM Notes email and applications on Domino Enterprise Server
- Configure and maintain networking hardware including routers, managed switches, firewalls, VPN tunnels, and remote user connections
- Support approximately ten (10) Windows servers and help support 125 clients onsite and remotely
Manage IT security
- Continually harden network and clients against sophisticated attacks, using enterprise-level anti-virus solutions, firewalls, web filters, and similar
- Design and implement disaster recovery process and business continuity procedure for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of disruptions (minor or catastrophic)
- Provide after-hours and/or weekend on-site and remote support including network maintenance
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 1,800 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA