Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Project Manager for our United States headquarters located in Canton, MI.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Serve as Team Lead for the Project Team
- Coordinate project execution plans between teams
- Use project tracking software to monitor hours and expenses
- Define project tasks and milestones in project software
- Present project status to project team, management, and customers
- Review contractor quotations to comply with system design requirements and select best option
- Participate in bidding process
- Manage outside contractors on-site (at customer locations)
- Create project orders in SAP for invoicing
- Invoice customers for project related work, costs and products
- Provide financial reports to management
- Other duties as assigned
Travel required approximately 20% (domestic)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and five (5) years of Project Management experience with installation of conveyor systems, packaging machines, material handling, robotics, or large turn-key manufacturing systems or ten (10) years of PM experience in the above listed areas
- Experience managing project budgets of $50,000 - $500,000
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously of varying complexity
- Ability to apply technical knowledge to business issues
- Intermediate Microsoft office user including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal which are effective and concise; listening to others for meaning and intent
- Ability to speak in large groups of people
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- A high level of autonomy
- Ability to accumulate and demonstrate technical knowledge
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Experience with SAP
- PMP courses and/or certification
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Parental leave
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 2,200 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to email@example.com.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA