Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Metro Detroit area or Charlotte, NC area
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking a Motion Specialist in the Metro Detroit area or Charlotte, NC area.
- Serve as technical product resource for the Sales Engineers
- Assist in the development and maintenance of motion control business and marketing plans
- Discover and develop new opportunities and/or applications for the Pilz motion control product line
- Coordinate with Engineering and/or Technical Support to assist Sales Engineers and customers as needed
- Provide support for Pilz Application Engineers and training for Sales Engineers and customers as needed for all Pilz advanced products
- Generate technical proposals
Travel required 30 - 40%; local and national
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Control Engineering or similar technical program; 2 years direct experience with all aspects of motion control systems including specifying, initializing, and supporting new systems or an Associate’s degree in Electrical, Control Engineering or similar technical program with 5 years motion experience
- General knowledge of automation (i.e. PLC, HMI, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Intermediate Microsoft Office user
- Ability to speak in large groups of people
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- A high level of autonomy
- Ability to accumulate and demonstrate technical knowledge
- Willingness to learn Pilz products and procedures
- Self-motivated and team oriented
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/Long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Section125/Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz Automation Safety L.P. is a leading, innovative automation technology company providing worldwide, customer-oriented solutions in the areas of safety for humans, machines and the environment. We develop environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. We are a trusted provider of safety services to leading national and international industrial companies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz has a tradition as a family-run company stretching back over 65 years. More than 1,900 staff, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure that our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.
Interested candidates should email resumes/CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilz Automation Safety, L.P.
7150 Commerce Blvd.
Canton, MI 48187 USA