Since 1948, Pilz, a family-owned company has been setting standards in automation and control, and is most known today in the area of safety. We manufacture a full range of automation and control products. Our services start with product training and end at turnkey solutions for the safe automation of industrial machinery. We are a rapidly growing organization that strongly believes in continuous improvement.
Electrical Controls Engineer (Application Engineer)
Canton, Michigan and Charlotte, North Carolina
Pilz Automation Safety LP is currently seeking Electrical Controls Engineers (Application Engineers) with industrial controls and automation experience for our United States headquarters located in Canton, MI, and our Engineering office located in Charlotte, NC.
- Develop and design programs for Pilz safety systems
- Design automated control systems
- Work closely with our customers to integrate Pilz controls equipment and systems to customer and industry operating standards
- Write PLC and HMI programming code
- Install and troubleshoot hardware and peripheral devices
- Identify problems, develop and implement solutions
- Assist with machine start-up at customer site
- Act as product specialist for the application of our products
Travel requirements for this position are up to 40 - 50%
- BS or higher in Electrical or Control Engineering, or other applicable technical degree
- At least 4 years experience in control engineering, including hands-on PLC programming installation/service engineering
- Electrical control circuits experience
- Understanding basic electrical design and control principles
- PLC development and testing software including Rockwell, Siemens, Mitsubishi, Modicon, etc.
- VFD and Servo Motor control experience
- Hands-on troubleshooting machine control systems, machine start-up/de-bugging and sign-off
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, well-organized and team oriented
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Safety controllers (GuardLogix, Pilz, ProfiSafe)
- Field Bus I/O (DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, ProfiNet, ProfiBus)
- Understanding basic pneumatic and hydraulic circuits
What We Offer
If you have what it takes to be a Pilzler, we offer an exciting work environment, along with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes company paid:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short-/long-term disability
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- Section 125/Flexible spending account
- 401(k) contribution
- Opportunities for bonuses
- and much, much more
Pilz is a leading, innovative automation technology company. As experts in the safety of human, machine and the environment, Pilz develops environmentally-friendly products using ecological materials and energy-saving technologies. By providing viable solutions to the most complex safety issues, we help companies apply best manufacturing practices to optimize the availability and productivity of their plants worldwide.
Pilz, a family-run company, employing more than 1,800 staff worldwide, each one of them an ambassador for safety, make sure our customers and their staff can work safely and free from injury. As a member of the Pilz ‘family’, you will work closely with customers, instilling confidence through individual consultations for flexible safety solutions and reliable service.