This training course is certified by two acknowledged test organisations:
The PUWER (Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations) section of the course aims to provide delegates with an overview of PUWER including parts 1-5, who is responsible, what duties are placed on them and what equipment the regulations apply to.
The risk assessment is necessary and a fundamental aspect of machinery safety, as well as the first step towards complying with the legal requirements (Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC) and standards. This workshop guides the participants through the risk assessment process for machinery with the aid of pictures and videos. The aim is to be able to identify hazards and conduct risk assessments (severity and probability of occurrence). In addition the risk is evaluated and the techniques of applying suitable risk minimisation measures are taught.
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive both a City & Guilds paper certificate and a City & Guilds Assured Digital Credential - a digital credential is essentially a digital certificate, but unlike a paper certificate digital credentials are easily shareable, verifiable and trackable all in one click.
Delegates will also receive 14 hours of CPD points. Continuing Professional Development - usually abbreviated to CPD - is the intentional maintenance and development of the knowledge and skills needed to perform in a professional context. CPD hours (or points) are a way of measuring time and quality of learning. Points can be collected in a personal portfolio allowing participants to track their professional development and progression. CPD-accredited training can assist participants in honing their current skills, developing them to a new level or it could mean learning entirely new ones.
Completion of this course shows that the delegate has learnt the scope and gained an in depth knowledge of the regulations required to complete Risk Assessments and PUWER Assessments.
Risk Assessment - Day 1
- Directives and standards for risk assessment
- Application of the various assessment methods
- Hazard Rating Number System
- Risk matrix
- Risk reduction and residual risk
- Established methods of risk assessment
PUWER Training & Practical PUWER Application Workshop - Day 2
- The background to the Regulations
- Work equipment suitability & risk assessment
- Instructions & Training
- Dangerous parts of machinery & how to control the risks from them
- Controls and control systems
- Practical application of a risk assessment when conducting a PUWER Inspection in the workplace
- Practical application and inspection of a machine in line with the current PUWER regulations
- Standards officers
- Design engineering managers
- Plant construction and control system design engineers
- Technical engineering managers
- Safety officers and specialists involved in workplace evaluation
- Technical purchasers (of machines and industrial plant specifically)
- Those responsible for upgrades and maintenance of plant and machinery
- Managing directors of machine engineering companies and control systems manufacturers
- Plant and Engineering Managers
- Maintenance and Project Engineers
- Maintenance Managers
- Safety Specialists