Lockout tagout is enabling energy and safety-relevant interlocks on the various energy supplies on machines. In the seminar, you will gain a detailed understanding of the requirements and applications of the lockout tagout procedure, regardless of whether you are a manufacturer or an operating company. We will focus slightly more on operating company topics. We will deal with legal requirements as well as with practical examples and implementation situations.
LoTo: Lockout Tagout – Safety-related lockout and interlocking
In addition to the legal requirements of a LoTo procedure, we will detail all the types of energy and their specific properties.
- Safety regulations and standards for plant and machinery (international and European)
- Safety of energy sources
- Unexpected start-up
- LoTo processes:
- Requirements and responsibilities
- The most important methods, documents and necessary markings of the locked systems
- LoTo methodology
- LoTo development processes
- LoTo tools
The lockout tagout documentation software PASloto helps you to draw up job descriptions for powering down in the LoTo procedure. In addition to this, you can use the software to easily document the overall system with regard to LOTO. Learn more about PASloto at www.pilz.com.
- Practical exercises using a sample machine
- Description of individual methods for isolating / restoring energy
- Documentation aids
- Support with documenting the LoTo procedures
- Working with PASloto
- Technical staff, in particular maintenance personnel
- Safety officers
- Designers, electrical engineers and production managers
To make the seminar even more practical, you can bring your own laptop with you for the practical exercises.
Benefits to you
- Effective development and maintenance of LoTo processes
- All aspects of discharging of dangerous energy to ensure the safety of your staff members and for maintaining your equipment
- Benefit from recurring processes in the implementation of LoTo for all equipment.
- Benefit from the advantages of the new LoTo software PASloto.