The Pilz Machinery Safety Workshop provides participants with essential safety engineering concepts, requirements and techniques that must be considered throughout the manufacturing life cycle for industrial equipment and systems.
Participants will have the opportunity to apply course material through performance-based activities.
The course utilizes the OSHA regulations and industry consensus standards to focus on the use of risk assessment for the application of design-in safety for manufacturing equipment and systems.
A daily assessment ensures progress throughout the entire course.
Requirement: Laptop computer for workshop portion of class
- Introduction to safety
- OSH Act and OSHA standards
- Industry consensus standards
- European legislation, CE marking & European norms
- Ergonomics for machines
- Risk assessment theory
- Risk assessment workshop
- Machine guarding safety techniques
- Safety components and systems
- Safety distance calculations
- Thermal hazards
- Administrative measures
- Design for safety-related parts of control systems
- Functional standards ISO 13849-1, IEC 62061
- Functional safety exercises
- Pilz PAScal safety calculator (software provided)
- Safety PLC programming
- Pneumatics & Hydraulics
- Lock Out / Tag Out (LOTO)
- Access for minor servicing