Alongside proven PSSuniversal technology with control modules, I/O head modules and corresponding I/O modules, the remote I/O system PSSuniversal 2 is continuing the success story. Improvements to mechanics, handling and diagnostics show the way to the new universal generation.
PLC controllers and I/O systems
Two solutions for automation and safety
PSSuniversal – Proven technology used worldwide
Controllers in the automation system PSS 4000
The PLC controller PSSuniversal PLC can be used as a stand-alone controller or as part of a network, for example. It processes the required functions in combination with I/O modules.
Communication modules for decentralised I/O systems
The decentralised I/O system PSSuniversal is the solution for periphery expansion. It is connected to the higher level controller as remote I/O.
Input/output modules for controllers and communication modules
Using our I/O modules, you can adapt your controllers and I/O systems individually to your requirements. Please note: We are gradually withdrawing the control systems PSScompact und PSSmodular. The flexible and powerful alternative: the PSSuniversal controller from the automation system PSS 4000. We are happy to help you change over!
PSSuniversal 2 – The next generation
PSSuniversal 2 communication modules
The remote I/O system PSSuniversal 2 is the open solution for your periphery expansion. It can be incorporated into your existing control architecture via standard industrial communication protocols.
PSSuniversal 2 electronic modules
Our electronic modules enable individual adaptation to your existing system – simple, flexible and granular.
Award for PSSuniversal 2
PSSuniversal 2 has won this year's iF DESIGN AWARD, so joining the prizewinners of this internationally renowned design label. The prize was awarded for the PSSuniversal 2 in the "Product" discipline in the "Industry" category. The iF DESIGN AWARD is awarded annually by Germany's oldest independent design institution, the iF International Forum Design GmbH in Hannover.
As a modular automation system with a user-friendly, three-part system design, PSSuniversal 2 was able to convince the 58-strong independent, international jury of experts. There was a huge number of applicants: jurors had to sift through 5,575 submissions from 59 countries to award the coveted quality seal.
Modular and flexible for every application – Your benefits
- Processing of safety and automation functions
- Modular system structure for maximum flexibility
- Ready for use in a variety of applications
- Extensive selection of modules to meet your specific requirements
- Compliance with the international standards for machine safety
- Simple handling thanks to easily understandable software
- Fast installation, fast module change (even during operation)
- Digital and analogue processing
- Real-time Ethernet SafetyNET p
- Open system
- Commonly used industrial communication protocols
- Temperature-resistant modules
Modular system structure – Suitable for every requirement
The modular structure and large selection of input and output modules mean that our control systems can be adapted to every requirement. The decentralised I/O systems PSSuniversal are used as remote I/O at field level. The next generation remote I/O system PSSuniversal 2 provides an open solution for your periphery expansion.
The PSS 4000 automation system features programmable and configurable controllers for safety and automation. Special solutions are available e.g. for the rail sector, or for applications which require an extended temperature range. All devices comply with international standards and can therefore be used without problem for many different applications and industries.
Industry uses – worldwide
Our portfolio: PLC controllers and I/O systems
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
Telephone: +49 711 3409 444
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Brazil: + 55 11 4942-7028
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- Switzerland: +41 62 88979 30
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- Russia: +74956654993
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 75
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Spain: +34 938497433
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390
- Taiwan: +886 2 25681600
- China: +86 21 60880878-216
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281