New relay to monitor light beam devices up to Type 4, e.g. PSENopt and sensors with OSSD outputs in accordance with EN 61496-1.
Apr 24, 2014
Safety relay PNOZ c2 monitors light beam devices
Are you a series machine manufacturer producing in large quantities? Then the new product range PNOZcompact is the right solution for you. The safety relay PNOZ c2 is available now and is used for safe monitoring of light beam devices up to Type 4 or sensors with OSSD outputs in accordance with EN 61496. If you want to play it safe, opt for the complete solution with PNOZ c2 and light beam devices PSENopt.
Maximum safety and excellent usability
A very fast reaction time of only 12 ms brings maximum safety to your application. As a result you can reduce the distance from the hazardous movement. The reaction time is printed on the front. That saves you time in the annual ESPE inspection. You can be spared the long-winded process of looking up technical details and application guidelines, because all the information relevant to users can be read directly from the device. The fact that the voltage to the light beam device is supplied directly via the evaluation device PNOZ c2 is an advantage when it comes to a fast, reliable installation.
Safety relay PNOZ – The original!
With PNOZ c2 you are opting for a safety relay PNOZ – the original, and a synonym for safety relays. With PNOZ you get the optimum safety solution for each requirement – in the usual Pilz quality.
Your benefits at a glance
- For monitoring light beam devices up to Type 4, e.g. PSENopt from Pilz and sensors with OSSD outputs in accordance with EN 61496-1
- Closer to the application thanks to the fast reaction time of 12 ms
- You save time through simple installation because the transmitter and receiver are supplied with voltage directly via the evaluation device
- Its compact design saves you space in the control cabinet
- The simplified connection of two start options (monitored or automatic start) saves you money.
- Simple connection and maintenance saves you money: spring-loaded terminals fixed on the device, connected without the need for tools
- Maximum safety:Performance Level (PL) e of EN ISO 13849-1, Safety Integrity Level (SIL) CL claim limit 3 of IEC 62061
- The block diagram shows a connection example, so separate documentation is not needed for connection
Nomination at this year's GIT Award
Once a year the magazine GIT Sicherheit + Management, GIT Security and the GIT journal messtec drives Automation award a price for outstanding products. The safety relay PNOZ c2 is represented in the category A Safe Automation. From the 5th of June till the first of October 2014 you have the chance to cast your vote. The award presentation will take place at SPS IPC Drives in Nuremberg.
Pilz GmbH & Co. KG
Telephone: +49 711 3409-0
- United States (toll-free): +1 877-PILZUSA (745-9872)
- Canada: +1 888-315-PILZ (315-7459)
- Mexico: +52 55 5572 1300
- Brazil: + 55 11 4942-7028
- Finland: +358 10 3224030 / +45 74436332
- United Kingdom: +44 1536 462203
- Austria: +43 1 7986263-444
- Denmark: +45 74436332
- Turkey: +90 216 5775552
- Sweden: +46 300 13990 / +45 74436332
- Ireland: +353 21 4804983
- France (toll-free): +33 3 88104000
- Netherlands: +31 347 320477
- Germany: +49 711 3409 444
- Switzerland: +41 62 88979 32
- Russia: +7 495 6654993
- Spain: +34 938497433
- Italy: +39 0362 1826711
- Belgium: +32 9 321 75 70
- Taiwan: +886 2 25700068
- China: +86 400-088-3566
- South Korea: +82 31 778 3390
- New Zealand: +64 9 6345350
- Japan: +81 45 471 2281
- Australia: +61 3 9560 0621