The aim of safety design is to reduce or eliminate danger points through detailed planning of the necessary safeguards plus the selection of appropriate technologies. It is essential to integrate a detailed safety design before the concrete implementation, in order to avoid subsequent costs and increase the machine's availability, as well as reduce downtime to a minimum. This applies whether the machine is to be built from new, retrofit or converted.
Your third Step in Machinery Safety: Safety Design
"For us Pilz is the perfect service provider in the field of machine safety – their experience, expertise and efficiency was apparent.”
Pilz -Your Partner for Safety Design and Machinery Safety
As a global solution supplier for international companies, we can create a safety design that meets the relevant requirements and standards and is valid worldwide. Our structured methodology not only saves time and money but also provides you with a safe machine that complies with regulations including the Machinery Directive.
As Part of the Pilz Safety Design Service we will
- Specify the safety requirements
- Provide a detailed allocation of safety measures to identified risks
- Design mechanical, electrical, electronic and software parts of the machinery safety system
- Select the components and determine the PL and SIL
- Determine the achieved performance levels in accordance with EN ISO 13849-1 / EN IEC 62061 using the calculation tool PAScal
Your Benefit in Safety Design for Machinery Safety
- Implement tailor-made concepts with our in-depth design
- Optimise results through structured processes in accordance with IEC 61508
- Work in compliance with relevant regulations including the Machinery Directive and international standards
- Compliment your resources with our safety specialists