Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Lifecycle Services: Your need
Safety instrumented systems (SIS) are used to provide safe control functions for processes including for example emergency shutdown (ESD), fire detection and blow-down functions. SIS typically are composed of sensors, logic solvers and final control elements. Due to the critical nature of such systems a structured approach is required to identify the required safety functions and their Safety Integrity Levels and a validation plan.
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Lifecycle Services: Our Approach
An effective approach to SIL studies require the utilisation of data and information from other activities including HAZOP, Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and User Requirement Specifications. The Pilz approach is to integrate these steps into a holistic approach with effective methodologies sharing common data. We combine our individual services and your requirements in accordance with IEC 61508 / IEC 61511.
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Lifecycle Services: What We Do
We create solutions for process safety design and engineering challenges at conceptual, feasibility, design and operational phases, ensuring our customers apply best practice and current industry standards such as IEC 61511
- Review HAZOP and LOPA studies to define basis of safety and independent protection layers
- Create policies on corporate factors for risk determination
- Make risk judgements following industry or corporate ALARP principles
- Propose Risk Reduction Strategies
- Create Safety Requirement specifications
- Develop validation policies and procedures for safety instrumented systems
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Lifecycle Services from Pilz: Your Benefit
- Gain from the cost effective processing of information from different analysis stages
- Assure that Safety Instrumented Systems are deployed in conformance with EIC 61508
- Secure structured risk decision with traceable corporate risk guideline