SIS & IEC 61511: Your Needs
Traditionally process safety functions implemented through an electrical control system were "hardwired". More and more programmable and electronic systems are used for implementing safety through instrumented systems. You require a structured approach when implementing a process safety control system to prevent events with consequences such as the release of toxic, reactive, flammable explosive highly hazardous chemicals from a process.
SIS & IEC 61511: Our Approach
The international standard IEC 61508 sets out a unified approach to ensure that a rational and consistent policy is developed for all electrically-based safety-related systems. The standard IEC 61511 addresses Safety Instrumented Systems and functions specifically for the process industry. With decades of experience in safety engineering Pilz distilled the requirements of these international standards to develop a refined approach to SIS design and implementation.
SIS & IEC 61511: What We Do
Once the allocation of safety functions to protection layers for the Safety Instrumented System (SIS) have all been completed, Pilz will conduct SIS specification and design which includes
- Creating a detailed set of requirements for the Safety Instrumented System (SIS)
- Developing Functional Design Specifications for SIS hardware and software
- P&ID Development
- Planning Safety Instrumented System (SIS) validation and integration requirements.
- SIS Programming
- Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Verification
- Pilz will Project manage procurement and construction of electrical and control panels, field installation and validation
- Selecting equipment vendors
- Specification Bid Package Development
- Factory Acceptance and Site Acceptance Testing
- Installation & commissioning
- Start-up Assistance including System and Process Training
SIS & IEC 61511 Services from Pilz: Your Benefit
- Trust in a partner local resources to provide support and maintenance of the lifetime of your plant
- Gain from the knowledge and experience of the Pilz team comprising of industry experts across a wide field of process safety, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation and automation.
- Rely on our accreditation by TUV showing that we are competent to carry out the activities with a high level of reliability and with the necessary quality
- Use Pilz also delivers a certificate of compliance if a complete Safety Loop or Safety Instrumented System (SIS) has been assessed.