In complying with the ATEX equipment directive (2014/34/EU) management must ensure that their machinery and protective systems are certified. This includes ‘assemblies’ of equipment where there is often more than one supplier or installer, and where ATEX CE Certification is required for the final assembly (e.g. skid, process train, etc.). This assembly requires assessment and testing so an overall Declaration of Conformity and Technical File can be issued by the manufacturer and this responsibility often resides with the end-user. Similarly if your plant and machinery has been upgraded or modified you must ensure it remains compliant and re-certification may be required.
ATEX CE Certification
Assessment of your Plant for ATEX CE Certification
If your manufacturing plant has environments or product where potentially explosive atmospheres exist or can form, it must conform to the ATEX Directives. The Directives are complex in nature but are applied in essentially two distinct ways:
- The ATEX equipment directive 2014/34/EU; conformity required when manufacturing machinery, equipment and protective systems intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres
- The ATEX workplace directive 99/92/EC; compliance required for improving safety and minimising the risks of working in explosive or potentially explosive atmospheres.
Pilz – Your partner for ATEX CE Services and Process Safety
In meeting our customers’ needs Pilz have developed a customised ATEX CE Certification service to compliment our existing portfolio of services. ATEX CE Certification is implemented for new or modified process equipment or assemblies of process equipment for use in potentially explosive atmospheres falling under the scope of Directive 2014/34/EU.
As part of ATEX CE Certification Pilz will
- Conduct an Ignition Hazard Assessment/Risk Assessment based on the plant, equipment and materials used
- Carry out a site/equipment inspection and evaluation of current basis of safety and supporting technical documentation
- Compile the Technical Construction File (TCF) and provide the Notified Body EC Type Examination
- CE Mark and certify the process machinery or assembly accordingly to ensure full conformity with the Essential Health and Safety Requirements (EHSRs) of the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU
- Apply CE marking labels
- Issue the essential documentation such as the Declaration of Conformity (DoC)
Your benefit in ATEX CE Certification for process safety
- Practical and cost effective solution to ensure your ATEX CE compliance
- Delegate responsibility to Pilz team of technical engineering experts
- Protect your workforce without a compromise on productivity
- Demonstrate full compliance ATEX CE Certification compliance to interested parties (e.g. H.S.A., Insurers, Auditors)