Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses in the following divisions:
- Software Research and Development
- International Services Group
- Global Accounts Management
- Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
To satisfy sustained and increasing demands in the Automation components and systems business, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Product Support Engineer.
Operating within our Industrial Automation business unit, this position will provide technical product and application support to our Sales team and Engineering Services team as well as to external customers and Sales Partners. Collaborating with these internal and external customers, you will continually build upon and apply technical knowledge and skills across our product portfolio. You will assist our Sales team in developing business amongst our strong customer base within Medical Devices, Consumer packaged Goods, Food & Beverage, and Pharmaceutical industries.
- Develop sound and honest relationships with internal and external customers by providing accurate and efficient technical support
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Pilz products including safe automation components, Systems and Software platforms
- Become knowledgeable on customer applications of Pilz products across the total product portfolio, and become the customer applications expert in specific products or market segments
- Communicate directly with customers helping them understand product usage
- Set and manage customer expectations providing technical product support, timely updates, resolve technical issues and assist with on-site troubleshooting of products
- Support sales personnel when customer clarification is required and resolve/explain technical issues / matters as they arise
- Take complete ownership of reported requests/issues and own/manage them through to their completion
- Document product support activity (internal and external) with findings, actions, and resolutions
- Provide feedback and status reports to Pilz Group Management on product features and positioning to support new product development
- Support the sales activities of Pilz Ireland across the Pilz product portfolio. These activities include assisting the Sales team in developing our business amongst our customer base within a wide range of industries
- Be dependable, reliable and a person with a high level of integrity and drive
- Possess a natural flair for problem solving in a technical and commercial capacity
- Demonstrate ability to complete multiple competing tasks to strict deadlines with a high degree of flexibility
- Enjoy working with both customers and Pilz personnel to enhance the experience of Pilz as a supplier of automation components and systems
- Be open to travelling regularly to customer sites within Ireland
- Have awareness of Industrial Automation technology such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Control Switchgear, Safety Relays, Distributed Control Systems, Safe Automation Systems and PC based control systems
Essential Experience / Knowledge:
- Candidates must have 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Instrumentation or automation and control related disciplines
- 3-5 year experience in a similar role working for Automation suppliers or national distributors in the sector
- Experience must include outlining/specifying control systems in manufacturing or process equipment
- Ability to read electrical and pneumatic drawings
- Solid experience in product support and specification, equipment specification and or instrumentation
- Willingness and ability to understand customer applications and production processes
- Experience of PLC programming
- Experience in sales in an engineering discipline or other sales background
- Familiarity with regulations and standards impacting safety and security in industrial automation
- Auto cad
- Creating electrical drawing
The position is based in Pilz Ireland in Model Farm Road Cork. Travel to our customers throughout the island of Ireland is required.