Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses in the following divisions:
- Pilz Software Research and Development
- Pilz International Services Group
- Pilz Global Account Management
- Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
We are looking for an experienced and talented UI designer to design and shape unique, user-centric products and experiences. The ideal candidate will have experience working across multiple agile teams, with product owners, and the development team. You will be able to make deliberate design decisions and to translate any given user workflows into a consistent and intuitive experience across products.
- Create and maintain the software user interface design and branding guideline for the Pilz software product portfolio
- Work closely with the development teams implementing the designs to ensure consistency in visual elements and behaviour is applied
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your own design thinking
- Working closely with Product management and Marketing ensuring consistency with corporate branding style guide
- Be a great team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with developers
- Continually keep yourself updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards
- Three or more years of experience and proven track record
- Strong portfolio to be presented and defended during interview
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Experience using tools such as Photoshop, Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, UXPin, Quartz
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Ability to conceptualize short-term needs as well as big-picture vision
- Ability to identify, empathize, and articulate user needs
- Sketching and wireframing in collaborative whiteboarding sessions
- Ability to present concepts and justify design thinking with supporting data
- Thorough understanding of user-centered methods and associated deliverables
- Strong communication skills