Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses the following divisions:
- Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
- Software Research and Development
- International Services Group
- Global Account Management
We are now seeking a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing Engineering Services Team. Reporting to the Department Team Manager, you will work with a team of talented professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment where customer focus is essential; and where your primary role will be to design and manage the manufacture, assembly and delivery of mechanical solutions.
You will be an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer with a demonstrable working knowledge of machinery and robotic systems. You will be self-organised and take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; have the ability to prioritise multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines. You will have experience in the design, manufacture, assembly and delivery of machinery and robotic systems in the Medical Devices, Healthcare, Food and Beverage or similar industries.
- Design bespoke machinery and robotic systems.
- Specify mechanical requirements to achieve design intent.
- Supervise the manufacture and assembly of machinery and robotic systems to specified mechanical requirements ensuring quality in accordance with an ISO 9001:2015 QMS and customer satisfaction.
- Generate necessary design drawings and specifications for customer approval, manufacture and assembly.
- Assist in the sourcing and supervision of suppliers of machinery components, custom parts and machine sub-assemblies.
- Test and Commission mechanical systems.
- Create and execute FAT and SAT protocols ensuring compliance with customer requirements.
- Undertake Safety Validation protocols.
- Ensure that all critical technical files, maintenance routines, procedures and drawings are generated and that correct handover of these occur at the end of the project.
- Continuously enhance, refine and develop our mechanical design templates, reports, tools and methodologies.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to drive innovation and efficiencies in the execution of mechanical machinery and robotic systems projects.
Essential Experience / Knowledge
- A mechanical engineering degree or equivalent.
- 5+ Years’ design of bespoke machinery and robotic systems in the Medical Devices, Healthcare, Food and Beverage or similar industries.
- Excellent knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Strong knowledge of PLC, servo drives and machine control systems.
- Experience working in a regulated environment with adherence to ISO 9001:2015 or similar standards.
- A strong team player with an ability to work to strict deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be able to show a strong aptitude for problem solving, be pro-active and be able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
The position is based at our Irish headquarters in Cork but will require work at customer sites nationally.