Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses the following divisions:
- Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
- Pilz Software Research and Development
- Pilz International Services Group
- Pilz Global Account Management
We are now seeking a Mechanical Fabrication Specialist to join our growing Engineering Services Team. Reporting to the Department Team Manager, you will work with a team of talented professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment where customer focus is essential; and where your primary role will be to deliver mechanical solutions.
You will be an experienced mechanical fitter or fabricator with a demonstrable working knowledge of mechanical systems. You will be self-organised and take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; have the ability to prioritise multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines. You will have experience delivering mechanical solutions in the Food and Beverage, Dairy, Biotech, Pharmaceutical or similar industries.
- Design and install machine safeguarding, jigs/fixtures and associated equipment with high quality.
- Supervise the installation of mechanical systems to required mechanical specifications ensuring customer satisfaction and that the programme is completed on schedule to the required specifications.
- Generate necessary drawings and specifications for customer approval and fabrication.
- Assist in the sourcing and supervision of suppliers of fabricated assemblies, custom parts and sub-assemblies.
- Commission and validate mechanical systems.
- Ensure that all critical technical files, maintenance routines, procedures and drawings are generated and that correct handover of these occur at the end of the project.
- Work with the engineering team to continuously enhance, refine and develop our mechanical templates, reports, tools and methodologies.
- Identify and respond to opportunities to drive innovation and efficiencies in the execution of mechanical projects.
Essential Experience / Knowledge
- A mechanical craft as a Fitter or Fabricator for 5 years or a mechanical engineering degree.
- 5+ Years’ experience delivering mechanical solutions in the Food and Beverage, Dairy, Biotech, Pharmaceutical or similar industries.
- A strong team player with an ability to supervise, control and optimise a team of fitters on Pilz customer sites working to strict deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will be able to show a strong aptitude for problem solving, be pro-active and be able to work on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience in 2D or 3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks would be an advantage.
The position is based at our Irish headquarters in Cork but will require work at customer sites nationally.
Please submit your application to email@example.com