Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses in the following divisions:
- Software Research and Development
- International Services Group
- Global Account Management
- Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
To satisfy sustained and increasing demands in the Engineering & Automation Department, we are now looking to recruit an experienced Automation Engineer with the dynamism and motivation to become an expert member of our team.
Reporting to the Automation Engineering Manager, your primary role will be to specify, design, configure and program Industrial Automation Systems for integration into plant, machinery and equipment for our customers.
You will enjoy working with a multidisciplinary team where initiative and commitment are key; and thrive in an environment where meeting and exceeding project requirements is the norm.
- You will provide technical leadership in the field of PLC control, Fieldbus systems, robotics and visualisation packages
- You will lead the development of concepts for new automated solutions using existing technologies and provide innovation solutions with emerging technologies
- You will develop have skills and knowledge to enable you to provide engineering design consultancy to multinational organisations both nationally and internationally
- You will take ownership for the scoping and specification of customer engineering & automation projects and work with our commercial team in help to securing future projects
- You will design and program PLC based systems and HMIs.
- These systems will be effectively integrated with other plant or machine elements including, Robotics, PLC based control systems, Motion Control Systems, Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems, Machine and Process Safeguarding elements etc.
- As Safe Automation is one of our core businesses you will design the safety related control system part of the automation and machinery solutions for our customers.
- You will lead the preparation of systems at the Pilz facilities for acceptance testing and qualification.
- You will manage the installation and commissioning of automation equipment the systems at customer
- You will provide the necessary documentation to our customers for operation, maintenance and qualification of our systems.
- Candidates must have excellent mathematical and problem solving skill and be open to the adoption of new processes for automation
- Candidates must be open to travel both nationally and internationally for short periods.
Essential Experience / Knowledge
- Degree in engineering, preferably electrical, control or instrumentation systems.
- 8+ years’ experience in the design and programming of automation systems. Such experience must include:Commissioning, troubleshooting and programming; and the contribution to Electrical and Mechanical installation and commissioning teams.
- Generation of electrical drawings, cable schedules and termination diagrams
- PLC Control System programming and configuration
- 5+ years experience in providing technical and project leadership to project/engineering teams
- Machine Design & Automation
- Fieldbus applications & motion control