Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses in the following divisions:
• Software Research and Development
• International Services Group
• Global Account Management
• Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
The Global Account Management (GAM) Team
The GAM Team is a headquarter function as part of Pilz International Sales department. The team will comprise of members located at our offices in Ostfildern, Germany and Cork, Ireland in addition to relevant customer relationship managers in our subsidiaries worldwide. The GAM Team has responsibility for supporting the business development activities, ensuring a superior customer experience for our key customers worldwide by engaging with all parts of the Pilz organisation in providing the maximum customer benefit from our Products and Services. The team activities include but is not limited to:
• Planning and executing strategic account development
• Ensuring alignment and consistency in cross country customer approach
• Coordinating the development of international agreements and contracts
• Fostering best practice in account management
• Providing a fluent information sharing and systems to optimise the customer experience.
To enable strong formation of the GAM team and to satisfy sustained and increasing demands in team development, we have open the following opportunity:
Reporting to the GAM Senior Manager, you will have responsibility for coordinating the company sales activities with key international customers building a syncronised approach with the Pilz countries. You will provide business development support across our organization, helping to develop and maintain customer relationships and ensuring a consistent sales performance for our international customers. You will work together with a team of talented international professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment where customer focus is essential, and a non-hierarchical approach is the norm.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Support senior business development managers through the Pilz organization in targeting, acquisition and relationship development with international accounts
• Work in close collaboration with other team members across our international network and all Pilz Headquarter functions in providing a first in class customer experience
• Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to key international accounts
• Support new product introduction and cross selling activities to key accounts
• Prepare detailed commercial and technical proposals for our international customers
• Prepare customer and sector specific services sales support material for our international workforce such as case studies, sales presentations, etc.
• Creation of account activity reports including current performance and future planning
• Participate in the preparation and delivery of international business development events, to foster collaboration and synchronization between our international sales workforce
• Participates in other business development activities including market fairs, international meetings, customer visits, as required
You will have a technical engineering knowledge/background ideally in the industrial automation sector. You will have the ability to understand sales relations and processes in the industrial engineering context. The ideal candidate may already be in a similar role or currently working as an internal sales engineer, a technical support engineer or an electrical engineer and looking to move into a commercial environment.
Your experience and skill set meet the following:
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience in the industrial environment
• Engineering degree in Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronics or related discipline
• Good understanding of the industrial automation market
• Collaborative, dynamic, self-driven and well-organised individual that enjoy working with others
• Strong communicator with international experience
• Global mindset