Pilz is a successful dynamic international company specialising in the provision of safety engineering services and solutions to a wide range of industry sectors. Through our dedication and customer orientation, Pilz has achieved an excellent reputation in this field. Our employees operate in over 40 countries worldwide, contributing their commitment, creativity and knowledge, which enable us to maintain our position as one of the leading brands in safety.
Pilz offers complete automation solutions based around its core skill of safety – in everything from the sensor technology to the control systems and actuators. The product range includes corresponding software tools, diagnostic and visualisation systems as well as engineering services.
Pilz Ireland (www.pilz.ie) is based on the Model Farm Road, Cork and houses in the following divisions:
• Software Research and Development
• International Services Group
• Global Account Management
• Engineering & Automation Services and Solutions Ireland
The International Service Group is headquartered in Cork and has responsibility for the development of the company’s services business internationally. This includes but is not limited to, the provision of organisational and technical support to all Pilz locations worldwide; the management of the company’s services portfolio, international co-operation with key customers; and the coordination and delivery of international projects.
To satisfy sustained and increasing demands in the International Services Group (ISG), we have the following opportunity:
Reporting to the Technical Director, you will work with a team of talented international professionals in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment where customer focus is essential, a non hierarchical approach is the norm.
As Engineer working within ISG you will lead external and internal technical projects that are varied, encompass a range of disciplines such as automation, industrial installations, electrical/pneumatic systems, etc.
• Develop new innovative industrial solutions to meet our customers’ needs worldwide
• Participate in projects for the design and installation of industrial systems for machines and production lines.
• Provide support, advice and assistance to Pilz engineering teams worldwide.
• Incorporate regulatory market requirements in our engineering knowledge base.
• Provide technical consultancy expertise to our services portfolio
• Represent Pilz in other areas of our activities such as international conferences, technical standard committees, customer presentations, etc.
You will be self-organised, strongly motivated, energetic and upbeat; take a logical and systematic approach to problem solving; be a perfectionist who strives for timely completion of projects; have the ability to prioritise the urgency of multiple requests and then take charge of these to meet deadlines; and you have:
• 5+ years’ experience in a technical engineering role.
• Experience with some machine elements including: Electrical Control, AC/DC Motors, Inverters, Drives, Pneumatics, Hydraulics. Such experience may include installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Experience in the delivery of technical projects and generating high quality technical reports.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• A relevant engineering degree, preferably in automation, electrical or industrial or a related discipline
• The ability to understand and interpret complex technical engineering issues and technical documentation (e.g. International Standards)
• A recognised post-graduate safety qualification at either Diploma or Masters level
• Experience in contributing/delivering international projects
The position will be based at our Irish headquarters in Cork and may require work at customer sites nationally or internationally from time to time.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org