• Engage with clients at the very early stages of projects, most often the tender/proposal stage, to understand their needs and to arrive at proposed engineering solutions.
• Work closely with our commercial team during the generation of commercial & technical project proposals, tendering process and contract negotiations.
• Identify the most appropriate internal and external resources and coordinate both to achieve the project goals, having a clear understanding of the necessary technical approach, quality of deliverables, and project budget targets.
• Ensure that projects are delivered on time, on budget and to the required quality levels as determined by each client and Pilz.
• Be the primary point of contact for the project client, answering technical, production, quality, delivery, scope and engineering questions as they may arise. You will be the primary point of contact for the project client to control project variances requested during the project organising the involvement of Pilz commercial resources as required.
• Be responsible for all project planning & reporting, project leadership, budgetary control, quality control & compliance, delivery and risk management for each project.
• Coordinate the preparation and delivery of engineering projects for our Irish customer base, selecting and managing internal and external resources.
• Develop project schedules and financial plans for projects.
• Negotiate with contractors and suppliers for materials and services working closely with the Pilz Ireland purchasing department while doing so.
• Actively manage and control key engineering and automation projects.
• Communicate effectively, clearly and with authority with the project client, project stakeholders, project teams, department managers, Procurement, Planning, Quality and Health & Safety throughout each project assigned.
• Provide engineering guidance and leadership to project teams.
• Manage multi-disciplinary onsite installation and commissioning teams across a range of sectors.
• Report regularly on progress both to the client and internally to senior management.
• Continuously enhance, refine or develop our project management methodologies, templates, reports, tools and internal content for our services projects.
• Identify and respond to opportunities to drive innovation, increase revenues and margins through efficiencies in the execution of projects.
Essential Experience / Knowledge:
• 3+ Years’ experience in the project management of engineering projects in industrial, manufacturing or process environments preferably in either the Food and Beverage, Dairy, Biotech or Pharmaceutical Industries.
• Technical Experience in one or more of the following areas: Filling Processes, Distillation Processes, Chemical Processes, Automation systems, Industrial applications involving electrical and/or mechanical installation.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent time management, planning, organisational and negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to project manage and lead technical projects to a successful conclusion.
• Knowledge and experience in the design and installation of one or more technical aspects related to machine elements such as Electrical Control, MCC, Drives, Pneumatics, Hydraulics, Mechanical Handling. Such experience may include installation, commissioning, maintenance and troubleshooting.
• The ability to work on own initiative and to strict deadlines.
• A relevant degree in engineering preferably Process Engineering, Automation / electrical or related discipline.
The position is based at our Irish headquarters in Cork but will require work at customer sites nationally