Electrical Machine Safety in Industrial Installations
The aim of the training is to introduce delegates to the fundamentals of electrical safety on machinery and other installations. The requirements of the IEC 60204 standard in relation to the electrical safety of machinery are outlined.
What you can expect
By the end of the course, the participants will
- understand the scope of electrical equipment to which the standard IEC 60204 and equivalent national standards apply
- be aware of the general and specific standard requirements to ensure the protection of those using the machine and also the machine itself.
- learn the specific requirements of control functions, control devices, control gear etc. taking into account the operator interface with the machine
- know the test and technical documentation requirements to verify that the machine or assembly of the machine comply
This training deals with the requirements to be considered when designing, constructing or maintaining the electrical, electronic and programmable electronic equipment and systems in machinery and industrial applications.
- Introduction to Safety Legislation
- Review of the standards for safe construction of machines and plant
- Electrical installation requirements
- Electrical Hazards
- Measures for protection against electric shock
- Good wiring practice
- Requirements for operator interface with machine control functions and devices
- Requirements for the location, mounting and enclosure of controlgear
- Validation and verification
Electricians and Maintenance Personnel, Machine Designers, Electrical Engineers and Safety Engineers
Delegates should preferably have a good general understanding of industrial electrical controls.
A Member of Pilz Services Team
|Duration||1 Day, 9.00 - 17.00|
|Maximum number of delegates||8|
|Price||£250 per person per day plus VAT|
|Dates and registration|
|28 Sep 2016 - 28 Sep 2016|
|23 Nov 2016 - 23 Nov 2016|