An introduction to Machinery Safety Regulations and Standards
The aim of the training is to give delegates a 1 day condensed overview and introduction to the European Directives / UK Regulations related to machinery safety along with an explanation of the application of certain key harmonised standards in support of providing safe compliant machines.
What you can expect
By the end of the course, the delegates will
- Have gained knowledge on the key Directives covering machinery safety and CE marking within Europe.
- Be aware of the main parts of the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Have an appreciation of the structure of European Harmonised Standards in support of the Machinery Directive.
- Be given an overview of some of the requirements detailed within certain Key standards supporting machinery safety within Europe including the following topics:- Risk Assessment concepts, Guarding principles, Electrical equipment safety and Safety Related Control Systems.
This course gives an introduction to Machinery Safety Regulations and Standards.
- Introduction of Machinery Safety Legislation inc. CE Marking of machinery and the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Structure of Harmonised European Standards
- Machinery Risk Assessment
- Overview of the standards related to machinery guarding
- Design of Safety Related Control Systems
Electrical/Mechanical Maintenance and Project Engineers, Automation/ Engineering Managers and Maintenance Managers
A member of our Training Team
|Duration||1 Day 9.00 - 17.00|
|Maximum number of delegates||10|
|Price||£250 per person per day plus VAT|
|Dates and registration|