ATEX Directives 1999/92/EC & 94/9/EC Course
The aim of the training is to introduce delegates to the fundamentals of both ATEX Directives 1999/92 EC and 94/9/EC. The course will focus more on the obligations, procedures and practical measures to be followed for plants in an ATEX environment.
What you can expect
By the end of the course, the participants will
- understand the regulatory factors governing ATEX classification
- understand the markings mandated for specific areas
- understand the typical technical and organisation measures to plan and implement work in a hazardous area, including control of ignition sources
- understand Management of Change procedures in an ATEX environment
This training deals with the requirements to be considered when specifying, commissioning, operating or maintaining plants in an environment where potentially explosive atmospheres may form.
- Key obligations of Legislation
- Steps to be taken to achieve compliance
- ATEX Rules
- General workplace fire precautions
- Fire Explosion Hazards and Risks
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Ignition risk and control of ignition sources
- Explosion Protection Methods
- Explosion Protection Document (EPD)
- Case Studies
Environmental Health and Safety & Production personnel, Technical Engineering & Maintenance personnel, Laboratory & Supply Chain personnel. Suitable for anyone who enters and Ex area or has to manage the same - i.e. managers, supervisors, technical and engineering staff and operational and maintenance staff.
A member of our Training Team