Use and Supply of Packaging Machinery
The aim of the training is to give delegates an understanding of the latest legal and best practice requirements for the Use and Supply of packaging type machinery and continuous handling equipment within the UK/Europe.
What you can expect
By the end of the course, the delegates will
- Have an understanding of the scope of European legislation affecting packaging and material handling machines.
- Have an understanding of the relevant standards for most types of packaging and material handling machines.
- Be able to make better informed choices about the safety requirements of these machines when supplying, purchasing, using or integrating these into their premises.
This course covers the key C-type standards affecting primary and secondary packaging machines, continuous handling bulk material machines, and food processing and filling machines. It also provides an overview of relevant standards for risk assessment, safeguards, safety related controls, and the safety aspects of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and robotic controls.
- European Directives affecting supply of equipment
- UK National laws affecting the use of equipment (PUWER 98)
- European Standards structure
- Risk assessment and risk reduction considerations
- Guarding and safety related control system requirements (e.g. EN ISO 12120)
- Key European 'C' standard series EN 415 for packaging machines (pre-formed-rigid containers; form, filling and sealing; palletisers / depalletisers; wrapping; pallet wrapping; group and secondary; strapping )
- Key European 'C' standards for continuous handling of bulk materials – storage, and transport e.g. by conveyors
- Food processing and filling machines
- The supply and purchasing of brand new and second-hand machines
Users of machinery in the food , beverage , tobacco , pharmaceutical , warehousing and other industries. Those responsible for purchasing machines looking to become better informed about the compliance of their purchase, those responsible for the safety of employees coming into contact with these machines, and those responsible for redesigning/modifying/integrating these types of machines in to factory lines.
Engineers, engineering managers and safety managers.
A Member of our Services Team
|Duration||2 Days 9.00 - 17.00|
|Maximum number of delegates||10|
|Price||£275 per person per day plus VAT|
|Dates and registration|