City & Guilds 1 Day Supervisors Course
Supervisors involved on the shop floor dealing with day-to-day plant and machinery operation need to be aware of the regulatory issues related to the safe use of the machinery and work equipment under their control. This is all brought together in a one day course, which will enable candidates to develop a greater understanding of their current, UK and European Legislation so as to be able to apply these principles into their work environment.
What you can expect
By the end of the course, the participants will
- have developed knowledge on legislation and supporting standards, along with best practice guidance on machinery and work equipment safety issues, with a focus on the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998
- have an understanding of machinery guarding and risk assessment principles, from which the candidate will be able to appreciate the types of hazards machinery can produce and how they can evaluate this to provide suitable measures to remove or control the hazards effectively.
A unit accredited certificate may be issues on successful completion of individual modules
A full City & Guilds Certificate will be issued on successful completion of all the modules.
- Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Risk assessment concepts and theory including guidance on machinery guarding requirements
Some modules will be assessed by written examinations
The course is suitable for supervisors who have responsibility for ensuring the correct levels of safety are applied for new or existing machinery and work equipment under their control, so the people they supervise can operate the equipment correctly and safely.
A Member of our Services Team
|Duration||1 Day 9.00 - 17.00|
|Maximum number of delegates||10|
|Price||£300 per person per day plus VAT|
|Dates and registration|